A fragrant salad made with perfumed lychees and zingy citrus. Fresh lychees are best but if you have a can of lychees gathering dust in the cupboard, this is the way to use them.
8 Mandarins or fragrant citrus fruit
1lb or 2 tins Fresh Lychees peeled or canned in syrup, drained, reserve the syrup
30g pack Fresh mint leaves ( a generous handful) chopped
- First peel the mandarins. Then separate the segments and remove any fibrous strand of pith that may be hanging onto the segments. Put the segments in a serving bowl and set aside.
- Peel and de-seed your lychees or Open the lychee tins. Place a sieve over another bowl and drain the fruit from the syrup. Reserve the syrup.
3. Add the fresh or drained lychees to the mandarin segments in the serving bowl.
- Drizzle a little honey or the drained syrup over the mandarin segments and lychees.
- Cut your lime in half. Squeeze one half over the fruit with your hands.
6. De-stem the mint and roughly tearthe leaves. Add to the salad and serve.